The Fine Water Society was founded in 2008 to create a global forum and to further enhance the visibility of Fine Water and convey the idea that water is not just water but a natural product with terroir and unique characteristics.
All Fine Waters are Premium Waters but not all Premium Water is Fine Water and membership is per invitation or nomination only.
FINE WATER IS NOT JUST WATER
- Fine Water is not a commodity with uniform characteristics but a natural unprocessed product with terroir reflecting the geology of and circumstances of its origins.
- Many different sources create a wide variety of choices. The experience of drinking bottled Fine Water should be as close as possible to the experience of drinking the water at the source.
- Gentle bottling of the water at the source is the way of sharing the drinking experience with the consumer.
- Fine Water is intrinsically connected to the source and not only the natural environment but also the social and cultural environment around the source is respected and protected.
FINE WATER DESERVES ITS PLACE ON THE FINE DINING TABLE
- Fine Water is the next wine and it deserves epicurean attention.
- A wide variety of taste sensations can be matched with food and the bottled water etiquette describes vintage, temperature, food pairings and stemware for Fine Water in an epicurean setting.
- There is no best water and the broad tasting profiles of Fine Waters allows for water menus and water sommeliers.
- The upscale glass presentation of a Fine Water communicates the affordable luxury and adds significant enjoyment to the experience.
- Fine Water has its place on the table next to wine or as the only bottle on the table. Fine Water is a healthy and stylish alternative to wine and alcohol and a much better choice to accompany food then sweet soft drinks.
- Additionally food, tea, coffee and artisanal crafted cocktails and ice also benefits greatly in taste and story from carefully chosen Fine Water.
FINE WATER IS AN AFFORDABLE LUXURY
- Fine Waters are an accessible luxury segment within the wider category of premium waters.
- Fine Water has excellent quality and a very high price compared to value category.
- Fine Water is limited in its distribution, unique and rare with a strong aesthetic and emotional content.
- Fine Water has a story, brand history and heritage with a touch of dream value.